Re: Growing up with CP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ramp Ahead - WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Laura Shirley on July 15, 1999 at 21:24:31:

In Reply to: Growing up with CP posted by Rachel Shindler Miller on May 12, 1997 at 17:48:13:

I am a mom of a 9 yr. old boy with CP. He is diagnosed with Spastic Quadriplegia and Ataxia.
He has ADHD and suffers from seizures. I have done alot of research, and I don't feel his diagnosis is completely accurite.
It's hard for us as parents, speaking for myself personally,
to really understand what life is like for our children with CP. What they think, how they feel, what they see the world being for them. I know I have worked really hard to see that my son live as normal and as happy a life as he can. I try to understand and step into his world to see what he sees and feel what he feels, yet that is not always possible. He is such a joy, and he is so outgoing and funloving. I at times forget this is a child with a disability. Although I don't look at him as a disabled child, I look at him as my child. My goal is to be the best mom possible to him, to hold him up when he's down and to be there for him when he's up. I can never understand exactly what goes on with him from the inside. But I hope to let him know and understand that this is a great big world out there and there is nothing that can hold him back, as long as he works hard and be strong. (Emotionally, spiritually, physically, and mentally.) If we really think about it, we are all released into this world with some type of disability ourselves.
(Emotionally, Spritually, Physically or mentally.)

I would love to talk with more parents, if interested, E-mail me at Mitsmom1@aol.com.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ramp Ahead - WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]